Life is a wonderful place, full of magical moments. Share your story and tickle our brains!

Monday 17 October 2011

Little girls

I saw a little girl arguing with her mother the other day. I watched them through a window in a cafe, while outside on the street the woman was trying to calm the child. 'But I don't understand why?' - Girl was moaning. You could feel the strong character of this so innocently looking creature, who by that point already had the mother on her knees. 'It's just the way it is' - Her hushed voice didn't have a chance. 'But WHY?!' - A few passerby turned their heads. 'Listen, I don't know. It's just the way it is. Girls have to work harder than boys and that's it. Ask your father when we come home!' - After a fast adrenaline rush, mother finally got the strength to drag the child away.
My thoughts drifted away. How many people all over the world feel exactly the same? Will it always stay like this? The coffee was finished, I collected my stuff. I suppose, as long as we have little girls with such determination, we shouldn't worry about the future too much...



No comments:

Post a Comment